Friday, August 18, 2017

A Song of Grace

TGI-FREAKING-F!

"Gooooooooooooooood Morning Vietnam!" ~Robin WIlliams (RIP)

This is the final ballad for the week. I hope you like it.
I first heard this song via the O.A.R Pandora station.




The guitar part is so peaceful, and the violin has a haunting quality to it that is beautiful. I must admit that it took me a lot longer to pick out the song the violin plays in between the verses.

This song struck a real chord with me. The last year or so has been really tough. Some of it has been self-inflicted, other parts things that were not in my control. However, I know that coming through it I am built to be better than the versions before me. They cracked, but this version of me shall never fail!

I am not typically very outspoken about my faith, and for good reason. The lord and I have had a tenuous relationship at best throughout my life. I will say however, that I am amazed at His grace. I was the sheep that wandered from the herd. He hunted me down, broke my legs and taught me how to walk correctly.

I thought I would be much more verbose in regards to this song, but I think I will follow the "less is more" sentiment. I hope you enjoy the song!

Have a great weekend and take time to watch the Eclipse (safely) on monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment