Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Ballad of Sandy Gray (not the real title)

Hey! Today was better than Monday simply because I wasn't woken up by my toddler puking on me!

I hope everyone else has had an equally (or more) successful day. Here is the 2nd ballad of the week.



I was introduced to this song via Pandora (again.) It was just in the background while I was working but it stuck with me. The rhythm of the vocals and the strum of the guitar just hooked me. I found myself humming and working to the beat unintentionally. It's not the vocals are amazing or anything, but almost soothing. It certainly has a storyteller vibe to it. His voice reminds me a bit of Freedy Johnston, who I am pretty sure only my family and whoever introduced us to him will recognize the name.

It struck me as similar to the BraveHeart story. I hearken back to the "FREEEEEEDOM!" scene.

We all have faced a challenge that we reacted with "I'll be damned, we'll break this jam or it's breakfast in hell" or something to that effect.

Tomorrow is a Ballad about royalty!
Have a happy Hump Day readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment