Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Queen & The Soldier

Happy hump day everyone! As promised this ballad is of a royal nature.



I get a kick out of the fact that I was introduced to this song by my 18yr old coworker, and the song is only ONE YEAR younger than I am! I think this goes to show that excellent music is timeless.

I am torn about the story in this ballad. It seems like a love story... but it doesn't end well (spoiler alert.)
What is the secret burning thread that the queen swallowed?
Does she love him back but refuses to admit it?

Who doesn't want to live honestly, and get what we deserve and give what we can? The problem with our society today is there's not enough honest living, too many people think they deserve more than they actually do. If that wasn't an awful enough combo as it is, not enough people give back what they can.

I just don't understand how people can HATE someone for something that is not in their control, and has no bearing on the gifts they have to share with the world. I don't understand how anybody can be ignorant enough to believe that the color of our skin decides who is better. We all have gifts to bring to our fellow man. It's a bit terrifying to imagine what we could accomplish if instead of bullying and putting down others we did all we could to build them up.

That's enough for that soapbox. Tomorrow is a song from a one-hit wonder!!! The song isn't the hit, but it should be! Original hit HINT HINT "Lullabye"

Peace Nation
BLKoolK

No comments:

Post a Comment