Thursday, August 17, 2017

He's still making music!?

The 4th ballad of the week comes courtesy of an artist I have not heard a lick of music from since his hit "Lullaby" in 1998!




I might watch too much dance shows because the intro to this song makes me think of a "Bollywood" dance number. I was pleasantly surprised when the vocals came in to find that was not the case.

I hesitate to say that this song is "simple," but it is a well known story of jaded love. I love the music, I love the vocals. It's such a catchy up-and-down the register singing style. I would put his falsetto voice right up there with Pat Monahan from Train in terms of excellence.

I don't have much else to say about this song other than the ending makes me smile. Not because he kills them, but I love the line "I shot them graveyard dead." As opposed to any other kind of dead? It also brings to mind (for some reason) the scene in Robin Hood: Men in Tights when they are planning to kill Robin Hood and he says ".. Dead, D-E-D, Dead."

Tomorrow will be the shortest of the ballads, and I have a lot more to say about it! Hope you enjoyed this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment